The organizer of the world’s biggest technology show CES said on Thursday that it will reduce the number of COVID-19 cases from its in-person event in Las Vegas last week after South Korean officials tested positive for the country’s nearly 70 participants. was unable to confirm. for the virus.
Representatives from Samsung Electronics and chipmaker SK Hynix were among the 70 South Korean nationals, sources told Reuters on Tuesday.
Of the 40,000 who attended CES, 30% traveled from outside the United States.
The show, which took place both online and offline from January 5 to January 7, went ahead despite the departure of major companies including General Motors and Amazon.com Inc.
“The results of tests conducted by medical staff were reported to local Southern Nevada health officials,” the Consumer Technology Association, CES organizer, said.
The Nevada Department of Health and Human Services did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment.
In other news out of CES, automaker Stellantis NV said Chief Executive Officer Carlos Tavares, who attended the show, did not contract COVID-19 in Las Vegas.