Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens vs. The Usos for the Undisputed WWE Tag-Team Championship and Rhea Ripley vs. Charlotte Flair for the SmackDown Women̵7;s Championship were the matches of the first night. WrestleMania 39.
Bloodshed broke out on “The Grandest Stage of Them All” between Zayn and Owens and Jimmy and Jey Uso. Several Stunners, several splashes and even Owens going through one of the announcers’ tables wasn’t enough to end the match quickly. It was a tough fight between the two teams till the end.
Jimmy and Jay took advantage in the final part of the match and even hit Owens with a simultaneous superkick followed by a Uso Splash in an attempt to pin Owens. it did not work. The two tried to eliminate Owens once again with two superkicks, but Zayn came back into the match.
owens joins Jay with a suplex from the top rope onto Uso and tagged Zayn, who immediately came in a hit with three helluva kicks.
Zayn then pinned Uso for the win. The old friends were now tag-team champions.
replay and flair was in a fight for the ages.
Both used to attack each other with kicks and punches. Early in the match, Ripley went for her finishing maneuver, The Riptide, but Flair countered with an unbelievable DDT.
At one point, Flair went up for a moonsault off the top rope but Ripley got up to counter. Ripley flipped Flair into the champion’s face with a suplex and ripped open the top of his nose. But Flair would eventually be able to put Ripley on the ropes with his leg lock, but Ripley grabbed the ropes to break the hold.
As the match progressed, Ripley knocked out Flair over the top rope and set him up for Riptide. Ripley nailed it and slammed Flair home. She would cover Flair for the 1-2-3 and win the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
This is the first time Ripley will hold the SmackDown Title. She has been the Raw Women’s Champion once.
Here’s how the rest of the cards played out.
- Austin Theory defeated John Cena via pinfall to retain the United States Championship.
- In the Men’s WrestleMania Showcase Fatal Four-Way tag-team match, The Street Profits defeated Braun Strowman and Ricochet, Alpha Academy, and The Viking Raiders.
- Seth Rollins defeated Logan Paul via pinfall in a singles match.
- Becky Lynch, Lita and Trish Stratus defeated Damage CTRL in a six-woman tag-team match.
- Rey Mysterio defeated Dominik Mysterio via pinfall.
- Pat McAfee defeated The Miz via pinfall.