Winnipeg crews rescue cats after clothes dryer bursts into flames – Winnipeg | Globalnews.ca

Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service (WFPS) rescued a couple of cats from a blaze that could have been worse. No one was hurt.

70c8fc80

Just after midnight Monday, WFPS said crews arrives in the 200 block of Roseberry Street after hearing about a fire in a bungalow.

Firefighters said when arriving, smoke was found in the home, and the fire was attacked from the inside. It was declared under control in less than half an hour.

Everyone inside had left the home when the fire alarm went off, except two cats that were brought to safety, crews said.

WFPS said the flames seem to have started because of a clothes dryer malfunction.


Click to play video: '‘Half an hour and we would have been dead’: Alberta family loses everything in dryer fire'


‘Half an hour and we would have been dead’: Alberta family loses everything in dryer fire


&copy 2023 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.