Latest Update: Daily figures come as hospital statistics show almost 40% of covid patients being treated primarily for something else
- UK reports 178,250 new Covid cases weekly totaling 1.2m. as of
- NHS England hit by highest Covid absenteeism since vaccine rollout
- Relatives plead for relaxation of home isolation rules in England
- Army deployment in London hospitals due to Omicron staff shortage
- Coronavirus – Latest Global Updates
This morning London’s Minister Paul Scully said the COVID trend in London was “encouraging”. (See 9.56 am.) But, as the BBC robert cuff As a helpful Twitter thread points out, they’re popping up everywhere – and even in London the picture isn’t straight. The thread starts here.
Here is our news about the increase in COVID staff absenteeism affecting NHS England.