Scared passengers hid under chairs at Dallas Love Field Airport after female shooter opened fire in the baggage area
- Female shooter, 37, ‘shot in the air’ at baggage check in airport area this morning
- After the uproar, panicked passengers were seen hiding under the chairs
- A police officer present on the spot engaged with the female shooter – injuring her
- She was taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital, where she remains after the active shooting.
- The only suspect injured in the shooting at the airport was the police, confirms
- The Federal Aviation Administration has halted all flights at Texas airports as police continue their investigation
Panicked passengers are seen hiding under chairs at Dallas Love Field Airport Texas After being shot by an active shooter today.
The 37-year-old female shooter fired several shots in the air at the baggage check in the airport area just before 11 a.m. today.
A police officer present on the spot confronted the woman – shot and injured her.
She was taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital, where she remains after the shooting. The Federal Aviation Administration halted all flights at the airport.
Dallas Police Chief Eddie Garcia said the 37-year-old woman walked into the airport restroom before emerging with a gun and firing most of the bullets on the roof.
Police are investigating the scene today after a shooter allegedly ‘shot into the air’ at a baggage check in the airport area
Passengers were seen falling to the ground in active shooting
Police are investigating reports of shootings at the airport. Stock image of Dallas Love Field Airport in Texas
The only person injured was the suspect, police said. He confirmed that the terminal is “safe at this time.”
It is not yet known what his inspiration was.
All incoming flights to Dallas Love are currently being held at their departure point until 1.30 p.m. The flights which have already landed are not moving towards the gate yet.
A witness posted a video of the chaotic scenes on social media, writing: ‘What just happened?
‘A group of people were running and shouting ‘run’ and we all immediately took cover. We have not been told anything.
‘Everything seems calm now. It was definitely a scary experience for everyone.’
Another eyewitness said: ‘Fills were fired in the air. People started running in hiding. Within minutes the Dallas PD took over the situation. I don’t believe anyone, but the shooter got injured.
More to follow…