NYPD officer, 31, ‘waits at ex-girlfriend’s house and sets fire to ex-girlfriend’s house when she comes home with another woman – seriously injuring her ex and killing her boyfriend’
- A local police woman named Yvonne Woo, 31, allegedly shot and killed her ex-girlfriend’s boyfriend after waiting at home until the pair came home together.
- The shooting took place around 5 p.m. Wednesday in the Bensonhurst district of Brooklyn
- “We believe the cop was inside the residence before the other two women came home,” said Michael Kemper, assistant chief of the Brooklyn South Patrol District.
- The New York Daily News said that Wu was sitting on the bed of her ex, whom she named Jenny Lee, and opened fire as Lee and her new boyfriend walked in.
- Kemper confirmed that she believed the officer and the 23-year-old were in “an intimate relationship” and that the incident was domestic violence.
- Wu’s 23-year-old ex-girlfriend is expected to survive after being shot in the torso
- Boyfriend Jamie Liang, 24, died after being shot in the chest ‘probably more than once’
NYPD police, a 31-year-old woman waiting at her ex-girlfriend’s home, shot them both when she returned home with another woman – seriously injuring the ex-girlfriend and killing her 24-year-old boyfriend Did it
officer named New York Daily News As Yvonne Wu, works for the NYPD’s 72nd campus and has been a member of the NYPD for five and a half years.
Michael Kemper, assistant chief of the Brooklyn South Patrol District, declined to name the officer, but said he handed himself over when police arrived at the home and was “calm and collected and so forth.”
Kemper said the officer shot two women inside the home of his 23-year-old girlfriend in Brooklyn at 7901 19th Avenue in Bensonhurst.
The NYPD has named the deceased woman Jamie Liang, who lived in Manhattan’s East Village.
He said that the incident happened around 5 pm on Wednesday.
“We believe the cop was inside the house before the other two women arrived,” Kemper said.
Michael Kemper, assistant chief of the Brooklyn South Patrol District, confirmed Wednesday night that a 31-year-old police officer had shot two women, killing one.
One of the dead woman’s friends told The Daily News that Lee and Wu lived together in Bay Ridge until about a month ago, when they broke up.
The two were together for about two years.
NS New York Daily News Told that Wu was waiting for her ex-girlfriend to return to her bed on Wednesday.
Wu’s girlfriend, 23, was found in the living room, shot in the torso, but was expected to survive.
Liang, 24, was found lying in the bedroom after being shot in the chest ‘possibly more than once’. He died from his injuries.
A woman who gave her name as Jenny Lee called 911, the newspaper said. The Daily News said Wu had a girlfriend.
Bensonhurst. Heavy police presence was observed outside the house on Wednesday afternoon in
Neighbors are seen searching the firing at around 5 pm on Wednesday.
Police and ambulances are seen at the scene in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, on Wednesday
Sources told the Daily News that when Lee called 911, the operator could hear someone in the background saying, ‘That’s what you get.
Both the victims and a third patient – believed to be Wu – were taken to Maimonides Hospital in scenes captured by neighbors and uploaded Citizen.
The off-duty officer was in custody, Kemper said, and the case is being treated as a homicide.
He said it was not clear whether he had used his service weapon, but “it is a very good opportunity”.
Kemper said, ‘The motive is believed to be of a domestic nature.
Kemper said the officer had no known disciplinary problems.
He said he last worked Tuesday night, and was expected to go back to work on Wednesday evening.