MNA Ali Wazir said life in danger, attacked Karachi hospital twice

Pashtun Tahafuz Movement (PTM) MLA Ali Wazir, who was in jail accepted Karachi’s Jinnah Postgraduate and Medical Center on Tuesday claimed that his life is in danger and demanded that he be either shifted to the Central Jail in Karachi or to attend the ongoing budget session of the National Assembly (NA). to be taken to Islamabad.

Vazir – who is and has been facing charges of sedition and hate speech in several cases prisoner Addressing PTM workers outside the hospital late Wednesday night – in Karachi Central Jail since December 31, 2020, claimed that he was attacked twice in the hospital.

According to the Wazir, he was attacked on the first day in the hospital and later on Wednesday night.

He demanded that he should be taken to Islamabad to attend the budget session as NA President Raja Pervez Ashraf had issued a production order for him.

“I should be taken to Islamabad to attend the budget session” [in the NA and] Take up the problems of my constituency,” said Wazir.

Otherwise he said, “I demand that I be sent back to jail because here I am feeling unsafe.”

The NA president had issued a production order for the PTM MLA to attend the ongoing budget session on Tuesday, but the wazir has not been transferred to Islamabad as of now.

The vizier said this is the second time in so many years that he is not being allowed to attend the budget session and recalled that a production order was issued for him to participate in the last budget session when he was asked to attend Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. He was imprisoned in Haripur Jail. Still, the PTM MLA said, he was not taken to Islamabad to attend the session at that time.

Wazir also claimed that he had given an application to the jail authorities for his treatment three years ago, but he was not shifted to the hospital till Tuesday.

But now, he said, he has been shifted to a hospital to prevent him from attending the budget session.

“This is a session during which legislators raise the problems of the people of their constituencies,” he said. He said his demand to be transferred from the hospital was not “illegal”.

The PTM MLA wondered why he was being prevented from attending the session when he was not involved in any act of terrorism or corruption.

Later PTM leader Mohammad Sher Mehsud told That the vizier sat in protest outside the hospital as he was not allowed there to meet relatives, friends and his party workers.

“They started their protest at 4 pm on Wednesday,” Mehsud said, adding that “the atmosphere in the hospital was suffocating as he was asked to stay in bed”.

Mehsud said that later the court police and police officials held talks with Wazir till 2 pm on Thursday and agreed to transfer him back to the jail today.

Wazir was taken to the hospital for physiotherapy.”

Earlier this was also confirmed by a police officer. On condition of anonymity, the vizier “left his hospital bed on Wednesday evening and sat outside the hospital in protest”.

“Later, he called and spoke to the PTM workers, expressing fear for the safety of their lives,” the officer said, adding that talks between the vizier and the court police, jail authorities and the district police continued till Thursday morning. doing.

The official said the talks were “successful” and it was decided that Wazir would be transferred to the jail today.

With regard to the alleged attack on the Wazir, the officer denied the claim and said that neither the MLA nor “any of his friends from PTM has lodged a complaint with the concerned police station in this regard”.