Dr Abdul Aziz Al Jarallah
We share the waters of the Red Sea – the length of the coastlines inside Saudi Arabia is 2,600 km – African and Asian countries share either near or opposite with us. Neighboring countries on the eastern shores of the Red Sea are:
Jordan from the north.
Saudi Arabia from the middle.
South to Yemen.
The respective countries on the west coast of the sea are:
Egypt from the north.
center from sudan
Eritrea from the south.
Within the boundaries there are (5) large administrative regions located on the sea – large – in terms of area and population, which are:
The population of Tabuk region in the north is more than 890 thousand.
– Al-Madina al-Munawwrah region, (2) more than a million people.
Mecca al-Mukarrama region, (8) more than a million people.
– Asir region, (2) more than a million people.
– Jazan region in the south, (1.5) lakh and a half people. According to the 2016 Demographic Survey, the numbers are expected to increase in this year’s Census 2022 AD.
These figures, numbers and areas indicate the large area of Red Sea coasts belonging to Saudi Arabia, in addition to ponds and fish ponds in most of the kingdom’s coastal towns and inland cities. Despite this, the average price of a kilo of fish ranges between 70-100 riyals and this figure has risen in light of higher prices and the growing crisis in food and economic stagnation, as well as flooding markets with frozen fish imported from abroad. candidate for.
In the face of this crisis and the importance of establishing huge fish factories in the coastal cities of the Red Sea to achieve a number of goals, the future of unclear food is at risk of blockage and degradation:
Meeting the needs in food security.
Providing job opportunities for Saudi job seekers.
Preparation for the establishment of major companies and institutions in the marketing of fish goods and its industries.
– Opening the way for smaller projects for retail trade, sales, transportation and distribution.
– Revitalizing and stimulating the local economy.