Kovid positive student says forced to come to campus, RBU denies

A Covid positive student, who had recently enrolled for the Master of Social Work course at the Center for Distance and Online Education (CDOE) of Rabindra Bharati University, was reportedly asked to complete his verification process after being told over the phone. On Friday, she physically reached the Salt Lake campus. He will be given special treatment.

Ushashi Chakraborty (24), who tested positive for the virus on Thursday, further alleged that she was told that her admission fee of Rs 10,000 would be forfeited and if she fails to appear physically for the verification process So she might even lose her seat.

Before leaving for the verification process, Ushashi, a resident of Dum Dum, took Facebook To narrate your sorrow. He wrote, ‘Amar Jono Keu infected hole for a day at Rabindra Bharati University Er. Amar Kono Dayabhar Nei (If anyone gets infected because of me, Rabindra Bharati University should be held responsible).

later, talking to Indian Express, he said, “After receiving my COVID report, I called the number from where I had received the call regarding the verification process on Friday morning. Despite informing the person on the other side that I had tested positive and asked to be verified online, the officer told me that there would be no special treatment and that I would have to be physically present on the premises. ,

He said, “With no option left, I booked an app-based bike and reached the campus. After waiting in the queue for a while, I finally reached the counter. On informing them that I tested positive for Covid I was asked to leave the premises immediately. They also told me that the entire process would be done on WhatsApp.

However, refuting their claims, Professor Ashish Kumar Das, Director of CDOE, Salt Lake Campus, said, “First of all, we had scheduled the verification process at a much earlier date and for those who could not verify themselves, He had two more days. – January 6 and 7. Secondly, the candidate did not mention on the call that he had tested positive for COVID. Had he informed the officer whom he had contacted over telephone, I am sure he would not have asked him to be physically present for verification. ,

“The candidates could have contacted me personally over phone or email. I would have certainly considered his case,” he said. Das said that their verification process through WhatsApp has been completed.