Hisar, June 21
Amid fierce protests against the Centre’s Agneepath scheme at several places in Haryana, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has announced a government job guarantee after the completion of his four-year term in the armed forces.
Addressing a gathering at the state level function on the occasion of International Day of Yoga in Bhiwani today, the CM said: “We realized that around 75% of the Agniveers after the completion of their four-year tenure would be absorbed by the state government. It’s not difficult. They will be inducted into Group C services and the police force after four years.
Khattar further said that Haryana is the first state in the country to ensure such job guarantee for the youth. “Haryana government is always working for the betterment of the people by taking decisions in their interest.”
The Chief Minister said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has brought a paradigm shift in the army. “Now the army will be more equipped on technical grounds. This will give opportunities to the youth of class X to XII.
Khattar also said that the youth should take a pledge to stay away from drugs on International Yoga Day.
“Drug addiction is increasing day by day, which is fatal for the society. So the youth should take a pledge to stay away from this menace.
In addition, Yoga will be included in the school curriculum for classes I to XII so that it can be carried forward, so that students can easily adopt and benefit from it. Youth will also be able to take AYUSH degree at the college level. For this, a postgraduate yoga, naturopathy and research institute is being established in Devarkhana village of Jhajjar. Apart from this, AIIMS is also being built in Panchkula.
Case against 36 Hisar villagers
- Hisar police have registered a case against 36 people, including six youths, for blocking the road during the demonstration in Dabra village.
- On the complaint of ASI Jaibir, Azad Nagar Police has registered a case against Pradeep, Yogesh, Rohtash, Ravindra, Leeluram, Bunty and 30 others of Dabra village under sections 147, 149, 186, 283, 341 of IPC. tns
4 more arrested for violence in Palwal
- The police have arrested four more youths – Rajeev Nagar’s Naresh; and Lalit, Ravi and Sonu of Shamsabad village – for violence during a protest in Palwal on June 16
- They have been sent to three-day police custody for the recovery of weapons. With this, the total number of people arrested so far in the district has gone up to 27. tns
Case registered against 250 protesters in Kaithali
- Kaithal Police has registered a case against 250 youths who blocked the Karnal-Kaithal road during the Agneepath demonstration on Monday.
- SP Maqsood Ahmed Siyad: “We booked around 250 protesters including 21 under different sections of IPC and others.”
- He said, ‘We are identifying the accused with the help of CCTV footage and videos that have gone viral on social media. tns
Police force will be taken in Group C services
We realized that it is not a difficult task for the state to absorb about 75% of the Agniveers after the completion of their four-year tenure. They will be inducted into Group C services and the police force after four years. ML Khattar, CM