The birth anniversary of the first Guru of Sikhism, Guru Nanak Dev Ji is being celebrated today on Friday, November 19. This day falls on the full moon night of Kartik month. The celebration of Guru Nanak Jayanti begins 15 days before this occasion. Devotees organize ‘Langar Seva’ at the Gurudwara during this time. Later, two days before the birth anniversary, Akhand Path is organized in the Gurudwaras. Nagarkirtan is organized a day before the birth anniversary. It is a procession in which devotees sing sacred hymns.
To mark the festivities, we have compiled a list of wishes that you can send to your loved one:
1. May the name of Wahe Guru be revered in your heart. May Guru ji’s divine love and blessings always be upon you. Happy Guruparb 2021
2. Nanak naam jahaaz hai, jo chadhe so uttre paar! Happy Guru Nanak Jayanti
3. May Guru Nanak Dev Ji inspire you to achieve all your goals, and grant you peace and give you eternal joy and happiness. Happy Gurpurab!
4. Warm wishes to you and your family on the auspicious occasion of Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s birth anniversary. May this Gurpurab bring lots of happiness and joy in your life. Happy Guru Nanak Jayanti 2020
5. O my mind, always keep the thoughts of the True Lord within you and experience the joy of peace. Happy Guru Nanak Jayanti!
6. May Guru Nanak ji illuminate your heart and mind with purity and wisdom. Happy Guru Nanak Jayanti!
7. Warm wishes to you and your lovely family on this auspicious occasion of Guru Nanak Jayanti!
8. Let’s make this day joyful and bright! Let us celebrate Guru ji’s birth anniversary and take a pledge to follow his teachings. happy guruparv
9. Warm wishes to you and your family on this auspicious occasion. May this guruparv bring lots of happiness and joy in your life,Shubh guruparb
10. I pray that happiness and blessings always surround you as we all come together to remember the commemoration of our beloved Guru Nanak Dev Ji and Sikhism. happy guruparv