Give financial help to farmers to stop stubble burning: Hooda

0
7

Former Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday suggested that the state should provide financial help and appropriate resources to farmers to stop burning of stubble in their fields.

Hooda said in a statement issued on Sunday,BJP-JJP) Government has always been negative towards farmers regarding this problem. The government should try to solve the problem by making a concrete plan.

Hooda is demanding compensation to encourage farmers to process stubble instead of burning stubble. He has also suggested that farmers should be provided with more machines for disposal of agricultural waste if the government is seriously looking for a solution to the problem. It is not fair to blame farmers only in the name of environment. There are many reasons for air pollution,” Hooda had said earlier.

Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar also said in 2019 that stubble burning contributes to only 18-20 per cent of air pollution, with “other factors” responsible for the remaining 80 per cent of pollution.
Meanwhile, Hooda said that the issue of farmers’ struggle will be discussed once again in the meeting of the Congress Legislature Party to be held on November 16 and a strategy will be made to raise their issues in the assembly.

,