Former Saudi intelligence official describes the crown prince as a ‘psychotic’ who claimed he could kill the sitting monarch in 2014

in one Interview on the CBS News program “60 Minutes,” In which aired on Sunday, Saad Aljabari described watching a video recording of a meeting he purportedly took place in 2014 between MBS and his cousin, Mohammed bin Nayef (MBN), who was then in Saudi Arabia. Intelligence chief. “He [MBS] told him [MBN], i want to kill king abdullah. I get the Poison Ring from Russia. It’s enough for me to just shake hands with him and he will be done,” said Aljabari. “Whatever he says. Whether he was just bragging or not, but he said so and we took it seriously.”
Crown Prince’s father, king salman, ascended the throne in January 2015 following the death of his half-brother, King Abdullah, at the age of 90.
MBS became Crown Prince after a power struggle with his cousin Mohamed bin Nayef, who was deposed and placed under house arrest from June 2017. Aljabari worked closely with MBN for several years as the state’s number two intelligence officer.

During the interview, Aljabari also reiterated allegations that Saudi Arabia’s young de facto ruler MBS conspired to send a hit squad to assassinate him in Canada three years earlier, and that Aljabari’s two children, Sarah and Omar, were in Saudi Arabia. Captured. .

Aljabari told CBS that she was warned in 2018 that a Saudi hit team was going to Canada to kill her. He said this warning came a few days after the journalist Jamal Khashoggi He was assassinated in October 2018 at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Aljabari says he was told, “…Don’t get near any Saudi missions in Canada. Don’t go to the consulate. The embassy. Why did I say? Said, they broke the man, they killed him.” . You are at the top of the list.”
alleged murder plot previously reported.

“While we cannot currently comment on specific allegations before the courts, we are aware of incidents in which foreign actors have monitored Canadians and occupants,” a Canadian government spokesman said in a statement to “60 Minutes.” Has attempted to threaten or threaten Canada.”

CBS says Saudi Arabia declined an interview, but the kingdom’s embassy in Washington issued a statement calling Aljabari a “discredited” former government official.

“Saad Aljabari is a disgraced former government official who has committed billions of dollars to cover up the financial crimes he has committed in order to provide a luxurious lifestyle for himself and his family,” the statement said. It has a long history of crafting and making.” . “He has not denied his crimes; in fact, he implies that stealing was acceptable at the time. But it was not acceptable nor legal, and it is not now.”

A group of Saudi companies owned by the kingdom’s sovereign wealth fund, which is controlled by the prince, are Aljabari sued in the US and Canada, claiming that he stole money from the anti-terrorism budget. Aljabari denied those claims in the interview.

He says he is speaking out for his two children now imprisoned in Saudi Arabia, saying, “I am appealing to the American people and the US administration to help me release those children and restore their lives.” Am.”

.