arkansas razorbacks The football team will have one less player for a backup job this summer, starting quarterback KJ Jefferson.
Redshirt junior transfer Cade Renfro was released from the team on Thursday after allegations of sexual assault and harassment surfaced on social media earlier this week.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
“Upon learning of allegations against a student-athlete earlier this week, we immediately notified the university’s Title IX office,” the university’s athletic department said in a statement. “The student-athlete is no longer a member of the football team.”
The school said it has “notified the relevant offices on our campus” about the allegations made against Renfro.
Isaac Wilson, brother of former BYU QB Zack Wilson, committed to rival Utah
According to CBS Sports, an anonymous Instagram account made allegations against Renfro, including an alleged long history of sexual assault and harassment over the years. The account has since been deleted. Renfro has since removed his social media activity in the wake of the allegations.
The photographs showed alleged instances of assault and harassment along with multiple bruises on only one woman’s neck. The initial account where the allegations surfaced was titled “Cade Renfro is a rapist!”
No charges have been brought against him.
Click here to get the Fox News app
Renfro was a standout high school football player in Stephenville, Texas, and committed to be miss In 2020. He transferred to Arkansas in 2021 and injured his knee. Last year he had injured his knee and did not play.