‘68% of Covid deaths without vaccination’: Study in major hospitals shows virus without jaws live – India Times Hindi News

A recent report by Maharashtra’s Department of Medical Education and Medicine states that a significant proportion of Covid patients who died in government medical colleges and hospitals in the last 48 days were not vaccinated. The report showed that more than 68 percent of the deaths were among non-vaccinated people, while the remaining 32 percent consisted of fully or partially vaccinated patients with or without comorbidities.

The Times of India reported that this report was based on the data of 151 Kovid deaths in the state from December 1 to January 17 in medical colleges and hospitals of the state. Officials reportedly said that out of 151 patients, 102 had received no dose of the Covid vaccine, while 49 others had received either one or both doses.

Officials said some patients reported late to hospitals only after symptoms worsened.

Overall, there were 807 Covid-19 deaths in Maharashtra from December 1 to January 17 in private and government facilities.

Dr Sanjay Oak, head of the state’s COVID task force, said the data shows that living without vaccination is definitely not a good idea.

“Legally, we cannot make vaccination mandatory. So, the only option left open is to educate and sensitize people to take shots. We need to send the message loud and clear that if you get vaccinated, well, you can still get the infection, but if you live without vaccination, you’re more likely to get severe COVID. And there can even be complications,” Dr Sanjay reportedly said.

He said that a large proportion of Kovid deaths in America are also among those who have not been vaccinated.

Meanwhile, Maharashtra recorded 31,111 new coronavirus positive cases, 10,216 less than the day before and 24 new deaths linked to the infection, the state health department said. With these additional cases, the state’s total number of COVID-19 cases rose to 72,42,921, while the death toll rose to 1,41,832.

In addition, 122 new omicron cases have been reported in the state, taking their tally to 1,860, the department said. The number of recovered cases in Maharashtra rose to 68,29,992 after 29,092 patients were discharged during the day, leaving the state with 2,67,334 active cases, the department said.

read all today’s fresh news, todays fresh news And coronavirus news Here.